bennington

bennington

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

  so...............my name is Alan.  I live in the Kensington area of Philadelphia, Pa.; an urban area not too far from Center City, and very close to the Brooklyn of Philly.........Fishtown.  when my partner, Sara, and I first came here it was very rough;  drugs, drinking, crime, and all-around negativity.  we have worked hard to change things around here, mentoring the young,  cleaning up, and sometimes driving away derelicts.  
  we run a mini urban farm next to our home, comprising the adjoining lot.  we grow organically in raised beds, and produce a nice amount of food for our use, and for sharing with neighbors.  
  and speaking of neighbors, we are getting a lot of new ones!  "gentry," I believe they are called.  I love them!  waited a long time for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment